The Only Instagram Scheduling Tool You Need and How To Use It
About five months ago I got an email from a company that was responding to a post I made on Twitter about Instagram tools I like to use. They were introducing their new resource called Onlypult, which is an Instagram scheduling tool and they wanted me to try it out.
To be perfectly honest, when I normally receive emails like this I don’t pay much attention. But Instagram plays a huge part in both our and our client’s social media platforms, so I decided to take a look. One of the biggest hang-ups that I had with Instagram (especially as someone who manages multiple accounts) was the fact that I needed to log into each account separately on my phone to post images at specified times throughout the day.
What Onlypult said it did was much like what Buffer or Hootsuite does, but it’s specifically for Instagram. You can upload as many images as you want and schedule them to post automatically. Now, in the past, I’ve used other resources like Latergramme that alert you when it’s time to post an image and then you have to log in to Instagram to actually make the post. It included multiple steps, having to step away from what I was doing to make the post, and so on.
So when they mentioned that they automatically post images to Instagram I was intrigued. They had a seven day free trial period, which in my opinion is fantastic and it gives you a great sampling of what they have to offer. And seven days was enough for me to know that I was sold!
WHY I'M A FAN OF ONLYPULT
- It takes care of the posting for you, which is huge. If you want to create consistency and build up an audience on Instagram, you have to share images to create conversations. Pairing Onlypult with InstaQuote (to create quick and great images to share) you will see a boost in your Instagram connections.
- It provides fantastic analytics - the most detailed and accurate that I’ve seen. They show you exactly when your audience is online, when they respond, their level of engagement, and so much more. It helps you make the most of your Instagram account and optimize it according to your unique audience.
- The customer service is excellent and very timely. They have a little button at the bottom of the page where you can chat directly with a customer service agent. They have gotten back to me in less than 24 hours and have been incredibly helpful.
- It has hashtag options, showing the most popular hashtags to use as well as categories for other hashtags to use. If you’re unsure of what hashtags to use, this is a great option for getting more eyes on your posts.
- It’s affordable - and worth every penny. Plans start at $12 per month for managing up to three accounts. If Instagram is high on your priority list for connecting with readers, it’s worth it!
- It saves time. I don’t know about you, but when I am in “the zone” working, I don’t want to be bothered with having to stop to post something. Resources like Onlypult, Buffer, and others help you schedule all of your posts ahead of time so you can focus on your work. Check in once a day to reply to comments and interact with your readers, and you’re good to go.
A FEW THINGS TO BE AWARE OF
- When you set up your account, be sure to adjust the settings to your timezone. I’ll show you how to do that in a minute.
- The payment system is a little tricky. It’s a European company so their system is a little different. But what we found to work was paying through 2Checkout and then choosing Paypal from there (instead of using the discreet PayPal option).
- If you have questions or problems, their customer service agent is very helpful and can assist you.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
- Sign up at Onlypult.com and create an account. Connect your Instagram account(s) and you’re off to the races.
- On the upper righthand corner it will feature your email address. Click on that and a dropdown menu will pop up and pick Account Settings. At the bottom of the page, select your timezone.
- Now it’s time to schedule. Onlypult gives you the option to view the images you have scheduled as well as the posts that have already posted, which is very handy. Simply click on the “Add Post” option to start to schedule your posts.
- Next you will simply drag and drop an image that you want to use or load it from a URL. You’ll load your image and it will give you the option to edit the size. Then push next.
- Then you can pick the filter you want to use, just like in the Instagram app.
- Then you are ready to add your text and hashtags. Simply type your text in the box and you are good to go. When you click on the # sign a huge list of hashtag options will pop up. Simply click on those that you want to use and they will include them in the text box.
- Finally, you pick the day and time that you want your image to post. Note that the day of the week starts with Monday and that the times are set in 24 blocks. I only mention this because I scheduled one of my posts for Monday when I meant it to be Sunday - haha!
- Press “Publish” and you are done! It will show up in your Scheduled list.
- If you need to edit anything, simply hover over the image and a cog icon will appear in the upper righthand corder. Click on that and you can edit or delete the image.
If you don’t know what time you should post, check out the analytics “optimization” option. It will give you the days and times that will make your posts most visible. You will need to authenticate your account (which means you give them permission to access this information) to make this work and you will need to post several times so they can get an accurate reading.
Onlypult is a fantastic resource to use to help create consistency, build your Instagram audience, and connect with people you might not otherwise. Instagram is best for those going after a younger audience - their highest demographic is 18- to 29-year-olds, but other demographics are certainly growing.
Now that you know how to efficiently schedule your Instagram posts using Onlypult, don't forget to also take and share spontaneous pictures and videos. This combination will ensure that you make the best connection with people on Instagram.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! Is Instagram a social media outlet that you are tapping into? Have you found success using Instagram? Is it a platform that you WANT to tap into? Let us know in the comments below.
UPDATE (1/23/16): Onlypult saw our post and was kind enough to offer our readers a 15% discount on your first payment. Thank you Onlypult!